Perks & Benefits
Innovative, friendly and creative, Net Communities is a fast-moving company constantly investing in our team. Based by the River Thames, just a stone’s throw from the Tate Modern and Borough Market, you can expect regular social nights out, our famous “Pizza Friday” lunches and we would not be doing justice to the Space Invaders stencilled on our office walls if we did not have a games area complete Retro Games machine, Xbox and 60in TV for lunch breaks and after hours.
Despite our casual dress code and the relaxed atmosphere, we’re also a company that works with major brands at the cutting edge of technology. We take our business seriously, and that means our employee welfare too. Working with us means you could benefit from our quarterly bonus scheme, free eye tests, train season ticket loans and a bike to work scheme for those who live life in the cycle lane area.
This is an exciting time to join Net Communities as the company is experiencing a period of significant growth.
The main responsibility is to produce (HTML/CSS/JS/AJAX), modify and maintain WordPress websites and web applications.
Working closely with designers, you’ll use semantic markup language like HTML with CSS to turn static Photoshop designs into working, responsive browser-based web pages.
You’ll also work closely with server-side developers on WordPress/PHP based projects, to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites.
Engineering advanced JS code to develop innovative cross platform online advertising solutions.
The front-end developer will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the project leader or project manager
- Providing accurate delivery estimates for projects
- Documenting all work (instructional, technical specification)
- Discussing technical solutions and providing innovative new ideas to solutions
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and trends – accessibility, usability, emerging technologies etc – and informing the team when new technologies can be implemented into projects
- Working knowledge of HTML5/CSS3
- Ability to take PSD designs and build into HTML/CSS
- Experience in creating bespoke WordPress themes
- Cross-browser coding experience with understanding of code optimisation
- Knowledge of SEO and semantic markup
- Version control systems (Mercurial/Git)
- A passion for technology, gadgets, social media, advertising and design
- Bonus: CSS preprocessors (Sass) and JS build tools (Grunt/Gulp)
Location: London, SE1
Salary: £ Highly Competitive
Job Type: Permanent